CellScan – The most versatile Whole Slide Imaging system
The MMI CellScan is an open imaging platform which allows you to scan full resolution digital slides in 5D! Time-lapse, z-stack and multi-color fluorescence imaging options can be freely combined for deepest insights into your sample.
The MMI CellScan is available as stand-alone Slide Scanner supporting all functionalities of your microscope. Alternatively, you can combine it with all MMI systems such as the CellCut module for laser microdissection to scan, to annote & select, and to cut your cells – all in one system!
Want to learn more?
ebook on Whole Slide Imaging
Whole-slide imaging (WSI)—also known as virtual microscopy—is becoming increasingly popular in digital pathology as well as in clinical and basic research. Scanners take images of each field of view across an entire conventional microscopy slide. The pictures are then stitched together to generate a single, high-resolution digital image that researchers use for various purposes.
This free ebook introduces you to Whole Slide Imaging and provides you with a good overview including several application examples.
Click here to access the free ebook:
“The MMI CellScan supports us in our daily work: this tool documents our tissue sections in high resolution and it fully integrates in our laser microdissection workflow. We especially appreciate that we can annotate directly in the image thus saving hands-on time at the instrument.”
Hannover Medical School
Slide Scanner Technology
The MMI CellScan provides you with all functions of a Slide Scanner.
The MMI CellScan provides an open platform to scan full resolution digital images including time-lapse, z-stack and multi-color fluorescence imaging options. These parameters can be freely combined to offer deepest insights into your sample. The MMI CellScan is compatible with all microscopy objectives, it scans in brightfield and fluorescence, and it scans any sample type that can be mounted on your microscopy stage.
Using the 20x objective of your microscope and our high sensitivity CMOS camera, an area of 15 mm x 15 mm is scanned in less than 1 minute, which corresponds to less than 7 minutes for a full slide (75 mm x 25 mm). In addition, the individual autofocus map ensures that every single image is acquired in the optimal focus point. Thus, the whole slide image is perfectly in focus, even with uneven sample slides.
The image is saved as BigTIFF at full resolution for analysis, documentation and archiving. The open file-format allows you to open the images in a range of image analysis software. In addition, the CellScan comes with unlimited licenses of the free CellViewer software which is able to load BigTIFF files instantaneously. Within the CellScan and CellViewer software, annotations can be applied directly in the scanned slide. Since the system provides absolute positioning and accurate sample localization, the annotations can be precisely transferred to the CellCut to excise the selected cells. Moreover, the MMI CellScan is compatible with all other MMI products, such as the MMI CellEctor and MMI CellExplorer which can be combined to enable automated cell recognition and single cell isolation.
Obtain a quote
Please fill in your details here. We will contact you shortly to discuss your needs with regards to the requested quote.
This video explaines how MMI CellScan and MMI CellCut work together on one microscope platform:
Features & Benefits
- Whole Slide Imaging in 5D: X, Y, Z-stack, time-lapse and multi-color fluorescence imaging
- Most flexible and quick whole slide scanning: compatible with all MMI products, with all objectives, with all imaging modes, and with most Slide Viewers
- Ultra-fast data processing and slide viewing at any zoom level,… down to the single pixel
- Unlimited licenses of our MMI CellViewer imaging software for remote work and interactive work also in larger teams
- Improved handling of sensitive fluorescent samples: analyze your images without prolonged exposure to photobleaching light
- Document all steps of your work with full resolution whole slide images
- Full resolution whole slide scanning with absolute and uncompromised positioning, also suitable for subsequent laser microdissection
- The MMI CellScan module fully integrates into your workflow and digitalizes your images with applications in Pathology, Oncology, Diagnostics, Forensics; whenever full documentation is essential
Applications & Workflow
The MMI CellScan can be applied in various different research projects when it’s required to fully document and archive your work.
Typical applications include:
- Digital Pathology
- Cell biology
In addition to the stand-alone functionality, the MMI CellScan module allows you to include Whole Slide Imaging to your CellCut Laser Microdissection workﬂow:
- Scan your slides – full resolution in any magnification
- Annotate your selection – directly into whole slide image
- Excise your cells – precisely and accurately