CellScan – Whole Slide Imaging
CellScan – Whole Slide Imaging
The MMI CellScan allows you to scan full resolution digital slides, to annotate your selection, and to cut cells by laser microdissection – all in one system! In addition, the MMI CellScan can be used as a stand-alone Slide Scanner supporting all functionalities of your microscope.
“The MMI CellScan supports us in our daily work: this tool documents our tissue sections in high resolution and it fully integrates in our laser microdissection workflow. We especially appreciate that we can annotate directly in the image thus saving hands-on time at the instrument.”
Hannover Medical School
Slide Scanner Technology
The MMI CellScan provides you with all functions of a Slide Scanner.
Using the 20x objective of your microscope and our high sensitivity CMOS camera, an area of 15 mm x 15 mm is scanned in less than 75 seconds, which corresponds to 10 minutes for a full slide (75 mm x 25 mm). In addition, the individual focus map ensures that every single image is acquired in the optimal focus point. Thus, the whole slide image is perfectly in focus, even with uneven sample slides.
The image is saved as BigTIFF at full resolution for analysis, documentation and archiving. The digital slides can be accessed with most Slide Viewers. Within the CellScan software, annotations can be applied directly in the scanned slide. Since the system provides absolute positioning and accurate sample localization, the annotations can be precisely transferred to the CellCut to excise the selected cells.
The MMI CellScan is compatible with all MMI products, with all microscopy objectives as well as with all standard microscopy imaging modules, including fluorescence.
Applications & Workflow
The MMI CellScan can be applied in various different research projects when it’s required to fully document and archive your work.
Typical applications include:
- Digital Pathology
In addition to the stand-alone functionality, the MMI CellScan module allows you to include Whole Slide Imaging to your CellCut Laser Microdissection workﬂow:
- Scan your slides – full resolution in any magnification
- Annotate your selection – directly into whole slide image
- Excise your cells – precisely and accurately
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact usContact us now
Features & Benefits
- Combine full resolution whole slide scanning with absolute and uncompromised positioning for subsequent laser microdissection
- Pathologists and researchers reduce their hands-on time but contribute their valuable expertise using MMI CellScan’s easy to use on-screen annotation feature
- Improved handling of sensitive ﬂuorescent samples: annotate your selection without prolonged exposure to photobleaching light
- Flexible and quick slide scanning is compatible with all MMI products, with all objectives, with most microscopes, and most Slide Viewers
- Document all steps of your work with full resolution images
- Ultra-fast data processing and slide viewing at any zoom level,… down to the single pixel
- The MMI CellScan module fully integrates into your workﬂow with applications in Pathology, Oncology, Diagnostics, Forensics, and many more
You want more information?
Get a free membership on MMI.Register here
Obtain a quote
Please fill in your details here. We will contact you shortly to discuss your needs with regards to the requested quote.